Scientists, mathematicians, historians, and artists strive to deepen their understanding of the world around them. Professionals draw on each other’s expertise to fuel their curiosity. Such professionals develop and use technologies to explore the natural world, to think differently, and to bring together people from multiple disciplines. Together, these professionals innovate to solve complex problems.
Our mission and core values are shaped by these ideals. We view the high school years not simply as practice for the future. Rather, we call on our scholars to participate fully in the professional community. To realize these ideals, technologies at Del Lago Academy:
- Establish a professional work environment for all scholars by providing equitable access to information, peers, experts, and support.
- Encompass solutions beyond laptop and tablet devices to tools that enable us to explore objects big and small, fast and slow in our natural world.
- Extend learning outside the brick and mortar school walls to facilitate relationships with professionals – locally and globally – as critical friends and mentors.
- Develop empathy, compassion, and understanding of others.
- Promote reflection, conjecture, and iteration.
- Tell powerful stories and contribute knowledge to the professional community.