Del Lago scholars are challenged to explore real-world problems that extend beyond the classroom by establishing side-by-side working relationships with industry mentors. These experiences enhance classroom learning and orient scholars to the corporate culture. As a result, scholars:
- Develop a positive self-concept;
- Recognize strengths and deficiencies;
- Value long-term goal setting;
- Cultivate relationships and professional networks;
- Gain leadership experience; and,
- Build knowledge and skills in the field.
Community and industry partners enrich the curriculum, provide scholars feedback on their work, share personal career experiences, and serve as mentors.
We are grateful to our industry partners for providing these meaningful opportunities that will have a lasting impact in the future career paths of our scholars.
Please contact our College & Career Technician, Ms. Oliver, for more details about our School-to-College and Career programs. Ms. Oliver can be found in her office in the Academic Commons from 9:00a-5:30p Monday-Friday or via email (email@example.com) or phone (760-291-2545).