Work Permits


EUHSD has created a system to apply for work permits during the Distance Learning time in Spring/Fall 2020, and into Spring 2021 while DLA buildings are closed. Please take a few minutes to read ALL of the following information. DLA scholars can email Mrs. Reyes via with any questions about this process.

Work Permit Center -

This page is your best resource for learning how to obtain a work permit during the Distance Learning phase of school. This page can also be found by going to, hovering on Parents/Students in the green bar at the top, and then clicking on Work Permit Request from the drop-down menu that appears.

Please Follow These Instructions to Obtain a Work Permit during Distance Learning due to COVID-19

  1. Print Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit-Certificate of Age CDE Form B1-1(DOC) from Work Permit Center
      • Scholar completes and signs the Minor’s Information section. It is mandatory (not optional) to provide the social security number.
      • Scholar completes the School Information section.
      • Parent/Guardian completes and signs the third section.
      • Employer completes and signs the fourth section.
      • Leave the “For authorized work permit issuer use ONLY” section blank.   
  2. Upload the completed Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for a Work Permit-Certificate of Age CDE Form B1-1(DOC) and a picture of Identification Card (California issued or scholar ID are okay) to the Work Permit Center using the “Upload Work Permit” link at the very bottom of the page. 
      • You must log into your Escondido Union High School District student account for the upload center to accept your files. 

  3. Check your school email for a copy of a blank work permit that the scholar needs to sign and send back. The work permit will then be signed by an administrative staff member. When both signatures are on the work permit, it is valid and a copy that can be printed and taken to your employer will be sent via the scholar email. 

Important Work Permit Notes 

  • All minors under age 18 (including minors employed by parents) must have a work permit.
  • Minors must meet mandatory school attendance laws and adequate academic progress in order to obtain
    work permits. At DLA, this means no more than one class with a NM for Grading Period 2 this Spring (grade in Synergy as of March 13, 2020).
    • Schools have the legal right to restrict or reduce the type of employment and/or the hours of work if evidence is shown that the schoolwork of the minor is being impaired by the employment. 
  • Escondido Union High School District issues work permits for minors residing within the district boundaries and enrolled in district schools. 
  • Work Permits must be renewed at the start of the school year or when the student obtains a new job. Current work permits expire August 14, 2020.

Hours Minors Are Allowed to Work Until May 29th 

Ages 16-17

  • 4 hours maximum per day Monday-Thursday
  • 8 hours maximum per day Friday-Sunday
  • 32 total hours per week 
  • Hours must be completed between 5 am to 10 pm  
  • Hours can be 5 am to 12:30 am, if no school the next day (Fri/Sat nights)     

Ages 14-15

  • 3 hours maximum per day Monday-Friday
  • 8 hours maximum per day Saturday-Sunday
  • 18 total hours per week 
  • Hours must be completed between 7 am to 7 pm